Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why limit yourself to what you can Role Play? Join us! Where we have Role Plays of all kinds.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Neopian Battlefield Legends Tip
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:53 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» The Habitarium Guide
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:49 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» MIDAssassinWolf: A Good Friend & Admin
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» Site Rankings
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:38 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» Darkened Hallows Guidelines
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» Darkened Hallows Forum Rules
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:35 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» The GM's Word is Law!
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:34 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» How to handle a ban and ban appeal
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 am by MIDAssassinWolf

» The Report Button and how important it is
How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:32 am by MIDAssassinWolf

Affiliates
free forum

How to handle a ban and ban appeal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MIDAssassinWolf
Admin
MIDAssassinWolf

How to handle a ban and ban appeal Empty
PostSubject: How to handle a ban and ban appeal   How to handle a ban and ban appeal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 am

If you have been banned by any mod and you are wondering what your options are this is the place to be. First of all, you may NOT make a secondary account to contact anyone. We have IM's and E-mails, so contact us with those. Any use of a secondary account while banned is an instant permaban.

When talking to a mod do not come at us defensive, cocky or pissed off. Yes, banning can be an emotional and/or frustrating event, but if you got an IM out of the blue saying,"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU BAN ME BITCH I WANT TO TALK ABOUT GETTING IT LIFTED" how do you think you would react? I know how I will react. This also applies if you come to me talking about another moderator. The mods here work as a team and don't put up with listening to you bitch about another mod. If you do you just put yourself in the hot seat.

When you talk to a mod have links ready if possible. Makes it much easier and smoother. The best course of action is to appeal to the mod who is responsible for the subforum you were banned in. Your other option is to contact me through email at shade_tundra_valla@yahoo.com

If your ban ever expires, before you even start posting you need to go and read all the rules stickies and rules for all sub forums. Any thread you join that has special rules need to have their rules read again too, especially the updates here, like the waring given about inappropriate subject material.

Hopefully you won't be needing this information but just in case it is here waiting for you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Policing

1. Darkened Hallows operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.

2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.

3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant moderator, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the global moderator. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning. If you feel their decision is also unfair you may contact an administrator. Their decision is final.

4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.

5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.

6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While DH may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.

Please remember that sending angry hate letters to any of us won't help your situation at all. In fact it will just show that you deserved the banning that you received, and the moderators will probably just laugh at you.

Again, here's my email: shade_tundra_valla@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
https://darkenedhallows.rpg-board.net

How to handle a ban and ban appeal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome Center :: Rules, Staff and Important Stuff-
Jump to: